Workspace in Master PDF Editor
There are the Main Menu and toolbars at the top of the application workspace. The toolbars contain many controls for working with files.
There’s the Navigation Panel on the left side of the screen that helps you navigate your document. In the center of the workspace, you can see the Document Area. It displays the PDF files that a user is currently working with. It is convenient to switch between files by clicking on their tabs in the Document Area, working with multiple documents in one Master PDF Editor application.
If the PDF document contains forms or is password protected, the Popup Message will be displayed at the top of the Document Area.
The Object Inspector is located on the right side of the application workspace. The Object Inspector is used to set object parameters and control events.
The Status Bar is displayed at the bottom of the workspace.
The width of the Navigation Panel and the Object Inspector can be changed by dragging their borders with the mouse.
1 – Main Menu; 2 – Toolbars; 3 – Popup Message;
4 – Status Bar; 5 – Navigation Panel; 6 – Object Inspector; 7 – Document Area.
With main menu you can access different tools. It contains following items:
You can see a Context menu if you right-click on any workspace object. It shows a list of commands for that specific object or area.
Toolbars for fast access to different functions of the application.
Master PDF Editor has the following toolbars:
You can see a tool description if you place a cursor over its icon.
Preform following actions to show or hide toolbar:
- Press View tab in Main menu and choose Toolbars item. Check items with required toolbars. They will appear on the screen. You can uncheck items to remove toolbars.
- Right click a space with no buttons on a toolbar or main menu and check/uncheck items for required panels.
You can switch between files when working on multiple PDF files in one Master PDF Editor instance.
Pop up message can be seen only if current PDF document contains forms or is protected by password.
When opening file with PDF forms, pop up message will inform you about that and provide a button. You can select all PDF forms of the document by clicking that button.
If the document is password protected from editing, when you choose Edit Document pop up message will inform you that the document is encrypted and you don’t have permission to edit it. You can click Change button in the message to change owner’s password and remove restrictions.
Status bar is a part of the workspace. It displays:
- When Edit Document, Edit Text or Edit Forms is on, you can see number of current page, total number of pages, width and height of the page in pixels and number of objects on the current page.
- Object type and some other info when an object is selceted.
When Hand Tool or Select Text is on, you can see number of current page and total number of pages.
- When opening PDF files you can see also Status bar by default. Main menu item in View submenu allows you to show it or hide.
When hovering a tool with mouse cursor you can see its description in the Status bar.
Navigation panel is a window with 7 tabs:
- Pages Displays pages thumbnails;
- Bookmarks Lists all bookmarks in the current document;
- Attachments Allows to insert, edit and remove attachments;
- Search Searches text case-sensitively in the current document including comments;
- Object TreeView Displays every object on every page of the document;
- Signatures Displays signatures created in the current document;
- Layers Displays all the layers in the document.
You can change width of Navigation Panel by moving its edge with mouse.
Document Area displays PDF file users works with currently.
Every object in PDF document has unique parameters, which can be changed by Object Inspector. It is good tool for both changing objects’ parameters and controlling event, which objects react to.
Open Object Inspector by clicking its tab in the right part of the workspace. Switch mode to Edit Tool (you can do that by clicking Edit Document button on the toolbar) and choose any object. Parameters of the object will be displayed in Object Inspector. Now they can be easily changed as you require.
You can also open Object Inspector with context menu. In edit mode right click selected object and choose Parameters item.