Information security recommendations
There are some general tips for safe using Master PDF Editor:
- It’s not recommended sharing passwords and digital certificates with third parties after an encryption of documents.
- It’s recommended using one of the following document encryption algorithms to ensure information security when applying a password to open a document: 40 bit RC4, 128 bit RC4, 128 bit AES, or 256 bit AES.
- It’s recommended setting the encryption permissions and selecting the actions that are allowed to be performed on the document to limit the range of actions allowed in a document. Go to File > Properties > Security to configure settings.
- It’s not recommended following third-party links. By default, warnings are enabled in the settings when opening links. Go to Tools > Settings > Forms > Show warning when opening links to configure settings.
- Master PDF Editor allows users to manually configure the proxy. Data is filtered to ensure network security when using a proxy server in a corporate network. Go to Tools > Settings > Settings > Manual proxy configuration to configure settings.
- It is necessary to download packages only from the official website, code-industry.net, when installing or updating the program. You can open the website though the program: Help > Home Page.
- Master PDF Editor provides removing the document metadata. Choose File > Properties > Document Info to remove it.
- It’s recommended applying a digital signature to a document for ensuring the authenticity and integrity. Select Forms > Signature to add a digital signature.
- Master PDF Editor has the data backup function that saves documents automatically so that users do not lose them. By default, creating a backup file is enabled Tools > Settings > General > Create backup file.