General PDF Form Properties
You can set parameters and define actions for form fields in Objects Inspector.
Options tab contains individual settings for different form fields. Read More
- Width and height — these items of Geometry tab allow to specify size of single or multiple forms at once. To do it, select required form(s) and specify the data in corresponding items.
Geometry tab displays setings for active form only. If a number of forms were selected simultaneously, no active form will be chosen and settings won’t be displayed in Object Inspector.
- Left — distance from left page border to the left border of the form.
- Top — distance from top page border to the top border of the form.
- Coordinates — sets offset when aligning forms with settings in left and top items. Coordinates can be absolute or relative.
- Relative — when aligning forms using top and/or left items distance between forms remains same.
- Absolute — when aligning all forms will be moved irregularly and will be positioned in coordinate point set in top and/or left items.
- Maintain aspect ratio — if enabled, form’s aspect ratio isn’t changed when its height and width are being modified.
- Name — unique form name. Required for correct form fields data import and export.
- ToolTip — text which will appear in pop up menu when hovering mouse cursor over the form.
- Orientation — data orientation in the form (for all form fields except for links).
- Form Field — option of form field display on screen and when printing. Has 4 options: visible; hidden; visible, but not printable; printable, but not visible.
- Read Only — if enabled, form won’t be used for filling and users will only be able to view data displayed in this field.
- Required — if enabled, form will be required for filling. This item can be enabled for all kinds of form fields except for List and Push Button.
For your comfort, Master PDF Editor allows to highlight all forms required for filling. Use main menu to choose Tools > Settings > Forms (see Forms Tab).
- Locked — if enabled, the application won’t allow fill this PDF form.
- Line Style — style of lines framing the form. Options: solid, dashed, beveled, inset, underline.
- Line Thickness — thickness of lines framing the form. Options: thin, medium, thick.
- Fill Color — color of form fill.
- Border Color — color of lines bordering the form.
Object Inspector allows to specify size, color and font family for records in all form fields except for check boxes and radio buttons. Records themselves are specified in Options tab.
- Size — records font size. If set to Auto, font size will be changed accordingly to the form’s size.
- Color — records font color.
- Font — records font family.
Master PDF Editor allows to choose predefined actions out of a set of options. Item Trigger allows to specify kind of action, which must be conducted in order for current action to be performed. Following user actions can be set as events: Mouse Up, Mouse Down, Mouse Enter, Mouse Exit, On Receive Focus, On Lose Focus.
Choose required trigger and specify action to be performed. Press Add button. This will pop up a dialog window, which allows to specify data depending on Action option.
- Goto a Page View — set page number and scale.
- Open/execute a file — opens or launches local file from the drive. Input file name or bress Browse button to choose a file in dialog window.
- Open a web link — opens link in default web browser. Specify a link in dialog window.
- Reset form — resets form values in the document. Default values will be set or form fields will be emptied.
- Show/hide fields — hides or shows a form, specified in dialog window.
- Submit a form — sends data of chosen forms in specified formats. Currently Master PDF Editor allows to send data only in FDF formats. Data can be saved to local file or sent with FTP or HTTP. (File delivery via email is currently not supported in Master PDF Editor)
- When saving data to local file specify file name or choose it in dialog window with Browse button.
- When sending to FTP server specify server address, user name and password if required. Otherwise enable Anonymous checkbox.
- When sending to HTTP or HTTPS server, specify server addres.