What is new in Master PDF Editor 4 for macOS, Windows and Linux
Jan, 16th, 2017
- Improved work with scanner. Now on Linux, image can be rotated or cut before inserting to the document page after scanning.
- Fixed several different issues.
Jan, 10th, 2017
- Added show/hide main menu function. Also “Full screen” mode is displayed without menu now.
Function doesn’t work in systems where main menu is global like macOS or Ubuntu Unity.
- Fixed issues with hotkeys, particularly for Unity desktop in Ubuntu.
- Fixed issues with OCR, including issues with languages installation.
- Fixed other issues.
Dec, 29th, 2016
Master PDF Editor 4.0 is based on version 3.x. New release of the established PDF editor has all the best of what was implemented for earlier versions, but with lots of bug-fixes, new features and tools.
- Added function of scanning paper document into PDF file.
- Added OCR – optical character recognition.
- Added “Add/Delete Headers and Footers” function.
- Added “Add/Delete Watermarks” function.
- Added “Add/Delete Background” function.
- Added functionality for PDF export to text format.
- Added functionality of image files convertion to PDF.
- Added “Send by email” function with default email delivery application or SMTP.
- Menu View has another one new kind of document display on screen – “Show Cover Page During Facing.”
- Added work with Stamps.
- Added virtual grid and implemented possibility to move objects by it.
- Added different types of comments.
- Added «Measuring tools» in comments.
- Added possibility to export/import PDF forms when exporting/importing pages.
- Added possibility to use system fonts in PDF forms.
- Added search function for following parameters: “Whole Words Only” and “Find Previous”.
- Improved general text search algorithm.
- Added “Full Screen” function.
- Increased number of settable PDF document properties (File – Properties – Initial View) Also improved possibility to display document according to these properties on opening, if Default is set in Default Layout and Zoom.
- Fixed issues, which occurred on resaving of some PDF documents.