What is new in Master PDF Editor 5
May, 21th, 2018
- Fixed several different issues.
May, 16th, 2018
New Master PDF Editor 5.0 release based on 4.x is an evolutionary leap of the whole product. Numerous additions introduce fundamentally new features besides improving ease and experience of PDF work. Of course, lots of known issues are fixed and Master PDF Editor stability is also greatly increased.
- Implemented redaction of sensitive information functionality.
- Implemented initials creation and insertion for PDF documents.
- Added alternative rendering method for PDF documents. It is distinctly faster and automatically turned on for HiDPI screens.
- Added option: reduce RAM usage or increase render speed.
- Implemented direct FDF file opening without the need to open PDF file and import FDF.
- Implemented layers functionality (Read only currently. Editing will be added in further releases).
- Added drag-and-drop pages functionality, which works between different Master PDF Editor instances.
- Added possibility to open multipage TIFF files. When opened, TIFF files are automatically converted to PDF document.
- Added possibility to edit raster images in external application.
- Added new Insert Pages dialog. Now it is possible to insert pages from multiple files and image files.
- Added possibility to specify move to action by a button or a link with visual selection of the target position using scroll, mouse and zoom.
- Added default size setting for Sticky note comments.
- Added possibility to edit vector image by vertices.
- Added line width and opacity for Grid settings.
- Added option to save last used tool.
- Added Locked parameter for comments.
- Implemented reply functionality for comments.
- Added status setting for comments.
- Implemented possibility to view comments by type, author and state.
- Implemented Previous and Next view functions.
- Added functions to move object forward or backward one position.
- Added Edit raster images tool.
- Added Edit vector images tool.
- Added certificate settings.
- Added certificate manager for Linux.
- Implemented full UTF8 support for PDF forms.
- Extended available information on certificates when viewing.
- Implemented PDF encryption and decryption with certificates.
- Altered check for trusted certificates in Linux. Now trusted certificate is a certificate with opened key in stored in system certificates or imported during certificate check.
- Added extract all images function to export all raster images into folder.
- Improved work with stamps, added user home dir where the stamps are loaded from. Implemented loading stamps from multiple pages of PDF template.
- Improved vector images selection.
- Extended information on status bar.
- Improved text selection.
- Significantly improved text search in the document.
- Improved algorithm of signature validation in Linux.
- Improved work with bookmarks, multiple bookmarks selection and work with them (For example, remove a list or move it or select all bookmarks and remove).
- Proportional image scaling when creating digital signature.
- Now possible to set margin by four positions (top, left, right, bottom) in Page size. These values can be negative now.
- Added Remove pages after export option.
- Fixed issue with images export.
- Fixed issue with images insertion to PDF. Now image size is set according to DPI.
- Sticky note comment can’t be rotated now, as it should be according to PDF specs.
- When copying text objects the font is not copied (if present) thus not increasing file size.
- Fixed issues of Save Optimized As function
- Fixed issues with export to TIFF.
- Fixed issue with bookmark actions settings.
- Fixed issues with export to FDF format.
- Fixed issues with headers and footers.
- Fixed some issues which led to crashes.
- Fixed issues with rendering of particular files.
- Fixed issues with reading of certificate properties.
- Fixed numerous other issues.