Main Menu in Master PDF Editor
Common file operations for XPS and PDF can be found in File menu. They include:
- New (Ctrl+N) Сreate new document
- Open (Ctrl+O) Opens existing PDF or XPS file.
- Recent Files View files which were opened and/or changed recently. You can also clear that list by choosing Empty recent files list.
You can open multiple documents in same Master PDF Editor at a time. When multiple files opened you can easily choose required file by clicking corresponding tab below the toolbar.
- Save (Ctrl+S) Save current file.
- Save As… (Ctrl+Shift+S) Save current file with new name.
- Save Optimized As… (Ctrl+Alt+S) Optimization allows to reduce size of images in PDF file. Using all or only some of the optimization parameters depends on planned file usage and its desired properties.
- Pages to Text – Save current document as text
- Pages to Images – Save current document as image in one of the following formats: BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF.
- Extract all Images – Extract all images from the current PDF document
- Email Send file via email.
- Print (Ctrl+P) Print current file. This will show default print dialog, where you can set printing properties.
- System Print… Print using system dialog.
- Document Properties(Ctrl+D) Current document properties.
- Close Close current document.
- Exit Close the application.
Master PDF Editor supports a set of common operations on PDF documents. They are accessible via Edit menu.
- Cut (Ctrl+X) Cut selected element and puts it into clipboard.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) Copy selected element and puts it into clipboard.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) Paste cut/copied element from the clipboard.
- Delete (Del) Delete selected element.
- Paste to Multiple Pages — Paste selected object or text to multiple pages at once.
- Select All (Ctrl+A) Select all elements on the current page.
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) Undo previous action.
- Redo (Ctrl+Y) Redo last undone action.
- Send to Back (Ctrl+-) Move selected element to the background.
- Bring to Front (Ctrl++) Move selected element to the foreground.
- Align Objects Automatically move or align selected objects. There are 6 types of alignment: Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Center Horizontal and Center Vertical.
- Set Fit to Page Set width of the current document to match page size
Master PDF Editor supports a set of general operations for PDF document view. They can be accessed via View menu.
- First Page (Home), Previous Page (PgUp), Next Page (PgDown), Last Page (End): Move to the corresponding page.
- Zoom In (Ctrl++) Increase current zoom.
- Actual Size (Ctrl+0) Display content at 100% scale.
- Zoom Out (Ctrl+-) Decrease current zoom.
- Fit Page (Ctrl+1) Scale page to fit window in height.
- Fit Width (Ctrl+2) Scale page to fit window in width.
- Facing Pages (Ctrl+3) Display two pages at once for multipage PDF files (with 2 or more pages).
- Show Cover Page During Facing Displays first image separately in Facing Pages view mode.
- Grid(Ctrl+U) Used for more accurate objects positioning in the document.
- Snap to Grid(Ctrl+Shift+U) The object will be automatically aligned by the closest grid line after movement.
- Replace document colors – change document colors for view to ones set in Tools > Setting > Display.
- Enlarge Page Thumbnails – increase page thumbnails size.
- Reduce Page Thumbnails – reduce page thumbnails size.
- Find(Ctrl+F) Search for symbol sequences in a document.
- Object Inspector (Ctrl+11) Show/hide Object Inspector.
- Full Screen Allows you to use the entire computer screen for viewing and editing.
- Toolbars Allow to show/hide one of six available toolbars.
- Status Bar Hide/show status bar in the bottom of the window.
Master PDF Editor allows to add different objects to PDF files with Insert menu.
Every object has unique parameters which can be changed with Object Inspector.
- Text (Ctrl+T) — add text to your document.
- Image (Ctrl+I) — add image to your document.
- Line — draw straight line.
- Rectangle — draw rectangle.
- Ellipse — draw ellipse.
- Pencil — use to draw lines by hand.
- Place Initials — allows inserting initials to your document.
Creation and editing of vector images described in Vector Images.
Comments are used for text reviewing or suggesting possible changes in PDF documents. They are not editing tools itself, since their use doesn’t alter source file content.
- Add Sticky Note Note is one of the most basic comment tools. Mouse click a place where you want to locate your note and insert your comment. Author’s name will be automatically included into the header. Other users may answer notes.
- Measurements Designed to measure distances, areas and perimeters.
- Drawing Drawing tools are used to emphasize commented objects in the document.
- Stamp Place stamps on the pages of a PDF document in a same manner as on paper pages.
- Text highlight Mark important parts of text for later usage.
- Text strikethrough Text selection with strike-through.
- Text underline For text underlining.
- Attach a File as a Comment Attaching a file to the current document as comment.
- Export Comments Data… Export comments with records to separate fbf file.
- Import Comments Data… Add exported and saved to fbf file comments to current document.
Creation and edition of Comments described in Comments section.
- Select Forms — Select all forms in the document.
- Reset Forms — Reset all form values in the document. Values will be set to default or empty if default is not specified.
- Edit Forms (Alt+3) — Tool for selecting and editing PDF forms only.
- Link — Add hyperlink.
- Edit Box — Create field for text input. For example, name, date, phone number etc.
- Check Box — Create check box, which has two states: disabled or enabled. When enabled, it has a check mark inside of it.
- Radio Button — Create a switch, which allows to choose one option of a limited set of mutual exclusive options.
- Combo box — Create a list, which allows to choose single item or input a value.
- List box — Create a list, which allows to choose single item or input a value.
- Button — Create a button, which can launch any action.
- Digital Signature— Apply digital signature to a document.
- Export Form Data… — Export forms data with records to separate fbf file.
- Import Form Data… — Add exported and saved to fbf file forms data to current document.
Filling, creating and editing PDF forms described in the section Forms.
- Insert Blank Pages Display a dialog window where you can choose position and number of new pages and their parameters (size, orientation, field contents size).
- Delete Pages (Alt+Del) Remove current or selected pages. You can also use a panel with thumbnails to select and delete pages.
- Move Pages Display a dialog window where you can set specific pages to move and their destination. Can be used with thumbnails panel, which allows to choose pages with mouse. You can use Shift key with left mouse button to select a continuous group of pages. You can choose any group and number of pages if holding Ctrl key.
- Crop Page (Ctrl+K) Crop page content with mouse.
- Page Layout Display a window which allows to set page layout (width, height in pixels, inches or mm) and content size if user needs to display only part of a page (left, right, top and bottom fields).
- Rotate Pages (Ctrl + R) Rotate current or selected pages by 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
- Extract Pages… Specify file name to export pages to (you can also use Browse button) and numbers of pages to export. It is possible to export all the pages to same file or create separate file for each page. You can also export bookmarks.
- Insert Pages… Import pages from specific PDF file (use Browse button), specify location for import in the current document and numbers of pages for import. Allows to import bookmarks as well.
- Document Did Print
- Document Did Save
- Document Will Close
- Document Will Print
- Document Will Save.
- Page Properties Setting tab order for PDF forms in Hand Tool mode. Available options:
- Row Order
- Use Column Order
- Use Document Structure
- Header and Footer Add/Delete headers and footers into PDF documents.
- Watermark Add/Delete watermarks into PDF documents.
- Background Add/Delete background into PDF documents.
- Redaction Hide sensitive or private information in PDF documents
- OCR Optical Character Recognition.
- Edit Document (Alt+1) — Select PDF objects to move, resize or delete them or change their properties.
- Edit Text (Alt+2) — Text editing only.
- Edit Forms (Alt+3) — Forms selection and editing.
- Hand Tool (Alt+4) – Move pages, select text and open links.
- Select Text (Alt+5) — Text selection only.
- Preferences Use this item for application settings.
- Contents Help contents.
- Home Page Open main Master PDF Editor page.
- Register… Activation Master PDF Editor.
- Check for updates Check for Master PDF Editor updates available for you.
- About View Master PDF Editor information. Use to see registration and version number.